Thursday, January 2, 2014

Four DIY New Year's Resolutions

If it's broken, fix it. If you can't, ask for help. 
If it has no purpose, get rid of it. If it can't be fixed, let it go.

It's my first blog of the year, and I've been struggling with it for two days. As set by my vision board, 2014 is going to be the year I work my ass off; figuratively and literally. This year, I have something to prove to myself: there is more in me than I've been willing see.

So what's it going to take to get this girl from a "liveable" life, to a life lived? Achieving the following 4 New Year's resolutions, of course, as guided by tarot:

My DIY 2014 Resolutions



  1. I will no longer apologize for who I am. Nor will I spend any more time justifying my beliefs. 3oW rx tells me I'm wasting my time making sparks instead of magic. Instead of wasting my breath convincing, it's time for me to show and share. I am what I am, and it's taken a long time to find that person. It took a lot of magic tricks gone wrong got me to where I am today, and I am better than good with who I found. Gone are the days of arguing for the sake of trying to convince myself who I am and what I believe in. Instead, I replace the agression of trying to find self, with the gratitude of having found a platform to voice what I have found so far, and will continue to find along the way. Want to know me? Read my blog!
  2. The bulk of my energy will be spent on guiding my #ministarlite. As she makes the turn to double digits, it is my responsibility to not just parent, but to genuinely invest in her Spirit. As stated in my About page, it terrifies me to think what will happen to 'our' daughters if we do not take the time to teach them 'the ways'. For who, if not our daughters, will take on the responsibilities of Mother Earth and the Goddess herself when they tire or our destructive human behaviour? 7oS rx tells me guidance is needed to show her the way. No one will have her best intentions in mind better than her mother.
  3. I will invest in my Spiritual growth, so that I can walk out of this year with solid guiding principles. It's not just about learning anymore, but doing something with what I'm learning. What good is the use of a Tarot Selfie, if no one knows the benefits of it? It's up to me to share those fleeting pieces of #magicmoments that I've been lucky to receive. They serve no purpose if I keep them bottled up and to myself. The 8oC tells me that it's time to free myself of the old dayz. I've hit my glass ceiling, and the only way to move on, is to smash through. It's time for DIY Services to get off the to-do-list and on to the did-that-and-done list.
  4. I will develop my writing portfolio with a focus on my Romance line SKOL. It's time to write my ass off, and become in true what I am by desire. No excuses. No fear. No hesitation. No regret. Just me and the keyboard, one happy ending at a time. 10oW rx solidifies that I've had a significant amount of challenges in my way (self inflicted and out of my control). I can no longer take the time to try and fix and/or avoid every pile of doo doo on the path in front of me. Instead, it's time to put on my bigger girl rubbers and walk right through the stink. The fastest way to the finish line is a straight one.
Oddly enough, this all feels doable. I've successfully come through the toughest challenges of my life, on the better side of good. Yes they are big goals, but I don't feel like it's impossible. 

Red Carpet Dreaming,
Amanda



No comments:

Post a Comment