Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Ashley DuBose is The Voice

I've been waiting, patiently this season, for someone I could get up off the couch and cheer for... and along came Ashley DuBose.

I've been waiting even longer for a fresh sounding Lauren Hill, India Arie, Angie Stone, Erykah Badu melé.

And then there was The Voice...

Source via Last FM

The fact that this women took on a Rihanna song... NeoSouled it... did it justice... and rocked the house with her cool rasp, is needless to say, enviable.

I believe her when she speaks. I connect with her. I see the love she has for her daughter... it makes me appreciate and love my baby girl even more. Watching such a young, beautiful and inspiring woman (I want to call her a baby, however, the fact she has her own, I suppose that makes her grown'), drives me to keep following my own dreams. Her story, hustle and pursuit of happiness is one of strength. Her desire to do it for her baby girl vs billboard pipe dreams... makes me a fan and huge support.

I'm very excited for her, and no matter what happens on the voice, she has a new fan.

Check out her audition:


From the bottom of my heart, I'm wishing this Savvy Sistah the best of luck!

Much Love,
Miss Kay

Can someone please tell me about that jacket? Must have one!

Follow her at @AshleyduBose
And then follow me @diycelebrity


No comments:

Post a Comment