Monday, November 25, 2013

A Good Idea Needs Passion. Part II

"A mother is a person who seeing there are only 
four pieces of pie for five people, 
promptly announces she never did care for pie" Tenneva Jordan

One of the saddest moments in my life was the day I had to drop off my daughter for the first time at the dayhome. I had only enjoyed 7 months of my maternity leave, as we just couldn't afford to live on the negative end of a pay cheque. I might have been able to squeeze out a few more months, but the thought of going without when I didn't have too just made me ill, and like my own mother react with vengeance and immediacy. Job now. Make up time later.

I wish someone had told me then, that 

time spent with a #babystarlite is irreplaceable. 


The soft squishes and bubble kisses are gone forever. The memory is still there, but so is the pain of knowing that someone else was cashing in the baby love that should have been mine. Blessed be the angels and the universe alike that I had found what I would consider the best dayhome EVER! I remember the caregiver's son, who had to be around 5 at the time, came up to me whilst I was bawling my face off to tell me that he promised he would take care of my #ministarlite like she was his little sister. Heart melt. Instant love.

For approximately two weeks before this devastating November day, I tried to come up with every single stay-at-home possibility and job idea I could come up with. Obviously none of them were very good, cuz I can't remember a single idea I came up with ;) However, ever since then, I've always tossed a few ideas around… and pretty much discarded them as quickly as they came. For some reason I can't imagine myself running a day home, and trying to make Avon successful and viable is just WAAAYYY to much work. Also, I like working. I like having a job. I've always envisioned myself as having a successful something out of the home that I could some day pass on to my #ministarlite.

This, I know for a fact, is not a sentiment that is mine alone. Imaging the following job posting:


I have never seen this kind of posting, nor do I expect I will without some serious strings attached. And yet, if one seriously thought about it, is there really a more dedicated group of people who will do anything to make 'more time at home' feasible & rewarding (financially, professionally and personally?)

Moms work hard, task hard, and play hard. How empowering it would be to provide a place for moms who don't want to give up staying home with their children, but want and or need an extra income! This opportunity did not exist for me then, and I have a feeling outside of running a day home, the flexibility I was looking for, with the compensation I needed, still doesn't exist today.

At my doorstep is a two birds with one stone solution. It is merely a bonus that the stone is my experience and my passion.

Red Carpet Dreaming,
Love and Light,

)o(

Amanda

Original image source via Google




No comments:

Post a Comment